Research, going well. Ha, for me. My topic will be the way sociolinguists is used in politics to influence the population. Perhaps even analyze the fallout of certain ways and words being used in public.
My sources are multiple things so far, a book, a bibliography, and a small collection of articles.
I feel as if my article will be helpful, seeing as it is “four Letter Threats to Authority.” This discusses the lack of proper manners to use four letter words in the media. It explains how prominent politicians and figures have been ridiculed for their use of profane language. This profanity can seriously hinder one’s credibility as a leader of the nation.
The book I have is entitled “Verbal Behavior and Politics,” and seeing as it is not my intention to read the book, I believe that I can further obtain a good amount of information from the book. Matter of fact, this book will probably provide the backbone for the paper, seeing how it talks about the effects of the verbal messages in the world, and it is perfect for analyzing the argument of language usage in political speech.
The only reason I have the bibliography is because I made a mistake, but I think it is working out well for me. There are a few sources which seem to be a promising lead, I haven’t looked much at this bibliography.
Through the sources it seems as if the main thesis is whether or not politicians can use profane or abusive language in public speaking, and if so, in what context and to what extent. That is to say that whether the profanity is used as a tool to invoke excitement, or if its used in a derogatory manner. I feel as if that is the question the research is trying to answer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment